Law School Fellowship Program
Students attending participating law schools are eligible to apply for full-time internship positions during their respective Fall and Spring semesters. Internships are unpaid.
Fellows typically receive academic credit from their respective law schools in exchange for their work with the office.
The goal of this program is to further the student’s understanding of and ability to apply legal principles learned in the classroom to actual legal issues. Law School Fellows will be assigned to specific units within the office but will be required to work on other matters when the need arises.
Law School Fellows must be self-motivated, well organized and have the ability to efficiently manage a number of responsibilities. Law School Fellows are required to draft legal motions, conduct hearings, and help Assistant District Attorneys prepare cases for jury trial.
- These positions require prior approval from the student’s law school.
- Must apply for and be certified by the State Bar of California. Such certification status allows those Certified Legal Interns to research, write, and argue motions, present evidence at suppression motions and conduct hearings in the Superior Court under the direct supervision of an experienced prosecutor. Additionally a Certified Legal Intern may gain valuable experience in preparation of high profile cases or assist in the preparation of serious felony cases including such crimes as rape, felony assault, kidnap or murder trials.
Who Can Apply and for Which Session(s)?
The office is accepting applications for the Spring 2017 Session from eligible 3Ls only.
Application ProcessAll applicants must complete and submit the following materials in one combined .pdf file in the following order:
- Cover Letter – Please address to Eric Fleming, Chief Trial Deputy, and indicate the specific program(s) that you are interested in applying for.
- Adult Background Investigation Form (Type into the form, save it, print it, and sign it before including it in the .pdf file)
- A copy of photo identification
- Writing Sample – No longer than 10 pages in length
- Be advised of our outside employment disclosure policy