Post Bar Clerk Program
For law school graduates who have taken the California Bar Exam and are waiting results, we offer an intensive full-time clerkship. “Post Bars” assist attorneys in every aspect of case preparation and advocate on behalf of clients in court proceedings (subject to attorney approval and supervision). Depending on the office caseload, a strong effort will be made to provide our Post Bars with an opportunity to take a case to trial.
A limited number of Post Bar Clerks will be eligible to receive a stipend for successful completion of their duties.
- Graduate from law school in Spring 2017
- Take the July 2017 Bar Exam
- “PTLS certified” by the California State Bar
Who can Apply and for Which Session(s)
The office is accepting applications for the 2017 Post Bar Program from 3L who will graduate in the Spring 2017 and take the July 2017 Bar Examination.
Application ProcessAll applicants must complete and submit the following materials in one combined .pdf file in the following order:
- Cover Letter – Please address to Eric Fleming, Chief Trial Deputy, and indicate the specific program(s) that you are interested in applying for.
- Adult Background Investigation Form (Type into the form, save it, print it, and sign it before including it in the .pdf file)
- A copy of photo identification
- Writing Sample – No longer than 10 pages in length
- Be advised of our outside employment disclosure policy