Man to Stand Trial for Three Mission District Sexual Assaults

For Immediate Release
Monday, May 14, 2012

CONTACT: Stephanie Ong Stillman, DA Gascón’s Office, (415) 553-1167 or (415) 740-5134
Alex Bastian, DA Gascón’s Office, (415) 553-1931

SAN FRANCISCO, CA – District Attorney George Gascón announced today that Frederick Dozier, Jr., age 32, was held to answer on a total of 24 felony counts, including attempted murder, robbery, kidnapping and sexual assault. The sexual assaults occurred between June 2011 and December 2011 in the Mission District.

“Today, we are one step closer in keeping this violent predator off of our streets for the rest of his life,” said District Attorney George Gascón. “We will utilize every resource possible to ensure the community’s safety.”

The Defendant is connected to three separate sexual assaults that occurred on:
• Victim 1: June 17, 2011 – Near 24th Street and South Van Ness
• Victim 2: November 18, 2011 – Near 24th Street and Potrero
• Victim 3: December 8, 2011 – Near 24th Street and Fair Oaks

On June 17, 2011 at approximately 2:50am in the area of 24th St. and South Van Ness., Frederick Dozier, Jr. approached Victim 1. Dozier grabbed Victim 1, then allegedly sexually assaulted and robbed her before fleeing on foot.

On November 18, 2011 at approximately 4:00am in the area of 24th St. and Potrero St., Frederick Dozier, Jr. approached Victim 2. Dozier allegedly grabbed Victim 2 at a bus stop, then choked and punched her when she refused his demands and then sexually assaulted and robbed her.

On December 8, 2011 at approximately 6:20am in the area of 24th St. and Fair Oaks St., Frederick Dozier, Jr,, approached Victim 3. He allegedly grabbed Victim 3, choked her and ordered her not to scream. Dozier choked Victim 3 unconscious. Victim 3 allegedly woke up to Defendant sexually assaulting and robbing her.

Frederick Dozier, Jr. is currently in custody on a no bail status, and will be arraigned on May 29, 2012 in Department 22. The arrest of Frederick Dozier is the result of a first-rate investigation by Inspectors Nannery and Gillespie of the San Francisco Police Department. Marshall Khine is the Assistant District Attorney prosecuting the case.