Post Bar Clerk Program
For law school graduates who have taken the California Bar Exam and are waiting results, we offer an intensive full-time clerkship. “Post Bars” assist attorneys in every aspect of case preparation and advocate on behalf of clients in court proceedings (subject to attorney approval and supervision). Depending on the office caseload, a strong effort will be made to provide our Post Bars with an opportunity to take a case to trial.
A limited number of Post Bar Clerks will be eligible to receive a stipend for successful completion of their duties.
- Graduate from law school in Spring 2018
- Take the July 2018 Bar Exam
- “PTLS certified” by the California State Bar
Who can Apply and for Which Session(s)
The office is no longer accepting applications for the 2018 Post Bar Clerk Program. The positions have already been filled.
Application ProcessAll applicants must complete and submit the following materials in one combined .pdf file in the following order:
- Cover Letter – Please address to Wade Chow, Chief of the Brady, Appellate and Training Division, and indicate the specific program(s) that you are interested in applying for.
- Adult Background Investigation Form (Type into the form, save it, print it, and sign it before including it in the .pdf file)
- A copy of photo identification
- Writing Sample – No longer than 10 pages in length
- Be advised of our outside employment disclosure policy
Email questions and application material to: SFDAInternship@sfgov.org