SFDA: Sara Yousuf / 415-603-9696 / Sara.Yousuf@sfgov.org
Deputy Director of Communications / Assistant District Attorney
SAN FRANCISCO—Today, San Francisco District Attorney Chesa Boudin announced a grand jury indictment on twelve charges, including kidnapping, robbery, and carjacking, against German Morazan for an incident in which Mr. Morazan allegedly carjacked a DoorDash delivery driver and drove away with his two children, a one-year-old and a four-year-old. Assistant District Attorney Michele Brass presented this case to a grand jury last week.
The grand jury indicted Mr. Morazan on each count presented to them:
- Kidnapping During a Carjacking (Felony, Penal Code 209.5(a))
- Kidnapping to Commit a Robbery (Felony, Penal Code 209(b)(1))
- Assault with a Deadly Weapon–Not a Firearm (Felony, Penal Code 245(a)(1))
- Second-degree Robbery (Felony, Penal Code 211)
- Carjacking (Felony, Penal Code 215(a))
- Unlawful Driving or Taking of a Vehicle (Felony, Penal Code10851(a))
- Kidnapping (Felony, Penal Code 207(a) (two counts))
- Child Endangerment (Felony, Penal Code 273(a)) (two counts))
- Endangering the Health of a Child (Misdemeanor, Penal Code 273(b)(two counts)).
Mr. Morazan was arraigned this afternoon.